HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM FUSIONBack to media watch
'I would like to wish you all a happy new year and to thank everyone who helped make 2013 such a successful year for Fusion'.
Fusion Group has seen remarkable expansion over the course of 2013 and we can confidently say that we've secured our place in the East African region as one of the most forward thinking and qualified investment managers.
We are confidently looking ahead at what the future holds, within the exciting growth story that is unfolding throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. With a very active deal pipeline, in both real estate and private equity, 2014 is set to be another stellar year for Fusion.
Some of Fusion’s milestones in 2013
• The launch of our Portfolio Management Service, in January, providing investors with boutique, tailored investment solutions. This has been a huge success in our eyes and has seen significant new contributions added to our overall portfolio, indicating the positive reception from our international investor base.
• Throughout 2013, Fusion Capital have successfully completed 10 investments, in both real estate and private equity, with some of the most significant being our debt and equity investment in Rwanda’s first fully commercial quarry and the full draw-down of funds towards Project Panorama, a 12 story grade A office development in the popular Upper Hill area of Nairobi.
• In August, Fusion Investment Management were proud to open their dedicated Kenyan office on 1st Ngong Avenue, Nairobi, above the Fusion Capital offices.
• Our leading regional money market publication, The Fusion African Monitor has successfully distributed its 12th edition in December. Reaching an audience of over 3,100 subscribers.
• Kigali Heights, Fusion Capital’s flagship Rwandan real estate investment, was officially announced at a ground-breaking ceremony on December 5th. Kigali Heights is a mixed used, grade A development in the heart of Kigali City that is set to redefine the standards of high-end retail and office space in Rwanda.
The year ahead
As our portfolio matures we have also identified some exciting exit opportunities, supporting our track record as a leading active off-market investors in the region. On the back of this growth in our proprietary deal flow comes an expansion in our fund raising efforts.
In the New Year we will be coming to the market with some exciting new products that will provide access to this growth market. 2014 will see the launch of a host of new services being rolled out under the Fusion umbrella.